Monday, April 18, 2011

The Legal System

So somewhere between my graduation in May and November, I found myself starting to fight with the help of a dear family that I became a part of. My sister was still at home, and that scared me to death. I knew I had to get her out of there. In November, I found myself at the police station, filing a report. That was one of the hardest things I had to ever do. Not long after that, my sister was taken by cps. After years of family court, she was placed into a family, and she never had to go back! During all that time, I had to continually fight and press charges. Those were one of the hardest times in my life! I did not have an happy ending in that he I saw justice in court (because of technical things), but my sister was free, I no longer was bound to him, and I had the freedom in knowing I finally stood up to him and never had to submit to him again. My chains were broken! There is so much freedom in fighting and standing up for truth.

0 comments:

Post a Comment